Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Celebrate Freedom

For todays card I used a sketch from CPS #261:
Here is the link if you would like to play along:  http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/2012/04/cps-261-part-1.html    
Here is what I created with the sketch:
 All the pattern paper and cardstock is from Creative Memories.  The Celebrate Freedom stamp is a dollar stamp that I inked with Watermark VersaMark ink and embossed with white embossing powder an the  blue pattern paper.
I used Trapped Resist technique on the stamped image. I had a scrap of white cardstock leftover that had been stamped with script in brown ink so I stamped my image with the Watermark VersaMark ink right over the brown script and then  embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next I inked the image with Weathered Wood distress ink then die cut and embossed with Spellbinders die and my Cuttlebug. I added gold pearls to the die cut image and I decided the image was not large enough so I added a red mat behind it.
The navy background was also embossed with an embossing folder. I used the Craft Tape at the top of the background cardstock.

Up next is my second card which I used another wonderful sketch from The Deconstructed Sketch #47:
This was a really fun and easy sketch to work with. Here is the link http://deconstructingjen.com/archives/5804  Check it out a play along!
Here is what I came up with: 

 Again I used the navy blue cardstock and embossed it with stars. I then spritzed it with the Perfect Pearls. I cut it into three equal rectangles and adhered them to an embossed white cardstock and I wrapped a ribbon around the bottom of the card. I thought the ribbon looked bare so I added the three clear gemstones.
I used white cardstock for the sentiment and stamped it in Fired Brick Distress ink. I used red striped Craft Tape along the bottom edge. 
For the star I found a another scrap of white cardstock that had been stamped with the Hero Arts envelope stamp. I took that and stamped over it with the star image in Fired Brick Distress ink and cut it out. I then used a CM star punch and navy cardstock to make the star in the middle. After I punched the star I ran it through the Swiss Dot embossing folder and I spritzed it with Perfect Pearls before adhering it to the middle of the larger star.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.