Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Your Sew Special

 My "Your Sew Special" card was made using Mojo Monday Sketch 236. If you would like to play along here is the link : http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2012/04/mojo-monday-236.html
And I used the Tuesday Trigger from the Moxie Fab World for color inspiration:
Three Little Birds
And here is the card:
I used the colors from the photo and a stamp from this Hero Arts stamp set:
I stamped the image onto Solar White Neenah paper. I love how intense the ink comes out when I use this paper. I stamped it again and cut out the three spools and wrapped a different color of floss around each spool. I die cut the stamped image using Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Rectangles and embossed it. I then cut another larger rectangle out of Stormy Sky CS for a mat. I inked the white paper around the edges with Antique Linen to age it a bit and also the spools I had fussy cut. Next I adhered the wrapped spools onto the matching stamped images. The floss gave enough depth to the spools so I didn't need to use foam dots. I also inked the the edges of both mats with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
For the background I used kraft colored cs and a Tim Holtz Alteration embossing folder and to grunge it up a bit I used an ink blending tool to add a little ink to the raised portion.
Isn't this a darling bow? Wish I could say I made it but the bow is pre-made and has been in my stash for a very long time waiting for just the right card. All I did was add a white button to the bow. For the border behind the stamped image I used Peeled Paint cs and layered a strip of kraft cs that had been embossed with stitches from another Tim Holtz Alterations embossing border. I also inked the edges of the strip with Vintage Photo distress ink and added brown rick rack to the top of the border.
I have had so much fun doing all kinds of challenges the last couple of weeks. I have been whipping out a card or so a night so my stash of cards is quickly growing. I must say these challenges are addicting. If you haven't tried a challenge you should. There are sooo many out there that you can find one that meets your needs. I also find out that I use more of a variety from my stash. Which is a very good thing :)
What is it that you like about challenges?
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful evening.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! Love the way you threaded the spools!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Teresa - LOVE how you have threaded the spools :) Many thanks for dropping by my blog to - much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Teresa! Thanks again for linking up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I really enjoy reading them.